CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

When You Read Between the Lines

So, I haven’t blogged in forever and I figure since the meet-up is so close, I probably should, hahah.

First, I want to respond to Ash’s previous post:


I give you huge props for what you’re doing. You’re traveling the farthest out of all of us, and by yourself. And I really understand that that’s scary, so you absolutely don’t have to feel bad about being scared. It’d be weird if you weren’t. But we swear we’ll try and make it worthwhile.
And as for us not liking you anymore after this…well, that’s not going to happen. I know it. It’s just like a gut feeling. You’re an awesome person (you all are <3) and I honestly don’t think I’m capable of not liking any of you. Even if we’re all PMSing our asses off. And I know that Steph and I already get along in person, and Steph and Crystal already get along in person, and I feel like the group dynamic is just going to be great. Insane, but great. Because I talk to you girls online more than I do my friends here in the same town as me, so I know it’ll be fine.

On another note, I’m trying hard to figure out what days I’m actually going to BE there, which sucks sucks SUCKS. I really didn’t think I was going to get the responsibility of being co-director this summer, so I wasn’t really prepared. Luckily Erin’s in charge too, so I can get away with time off from working, but I have to factor in swim lessons and covering shifts, so there might be some days I’ll have to miss out on. Which makes me really sad, because this seems like a once in a lifetime kinda thing, unless we can get these meet-ups to happen on a semi-regular basis. But I also can’t blow this job, because it’s important and we already got the position over a guy with a year more experience than us, and I’ve already got two family vacations making me take time off too. But I’ll be there as much as I possibly can—hopefully things will work out.

All worrying aside, I CANNOT believe this is actually going to happen. When we were talking about it way back when, and when the countdown was still in the triple digits, it seemed like just an idea that we hoped would happen. But now it actually is. And I can’t believe how fast it snuck up on me! Just two weeks. Wow. It’s going to be so epic, I really can’t wait. :]

1 comments:

Crystalily said...

Aww well Mel luckily you'll be able to be with us for some of it. Wish you could be there for all of it though. But I'll take what I can get.