CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 1, 2009

graaaaduation

with the anniversary of my graduation coming up on the 25th of this month, i thought i'd reminisce about it a little bit. and no, i can't do it silently and by myself. but the plus side is that you don't have to read it. :)

it's not so much graduation itself that i want to remember. it was just, whatever. it's the few days leading up to it, and the HELL of a night it was after getting my diploma. it was one of the best days of my life. and not because i graduated from high school and got plastered. (though admittedly it played a big part of it.)

most of that week was a blur. i had my forensics awards night, rehearsal, and the last day of school. i didn't cry and i didn't really care. by then i was just ready to LEAVE. the night before graduation shalaylay (shalaria, my black lover...i miss her! she wasn't really my lover but hopefully you knew that.) and i raided walgreens and bought a shitload of candy and redbull and just rode around drinking redbull, pigging out, and talking about people. it was a lot of fun. :)

graduation day was kind of awesome on its own. will came around lunchtime and we went to eat at broma's. his dad was there because he didn't drive then and it was sort of awkward but amazing at the same time. we went to walmart afterwards for black nail polish (i had to redo my nailssss) and it was hilarious.

okay, this is officially my dumbest blog ever, but i'm smiling so big right now remembering so deal with it.

the graduation march was long and boring and when they finally called my name i felt a tear but it dried up because i knew it was finally over and i could quit that bitch. i didn't cry. i'm proud of myself for that because i legit cry about everything. but what DID almost make me cry was on the walk back to my seat i heard one word shouted loud from the bleachers.

"JERRY!"

now obv. that's not my name. disappointing i know. i actually had a friend named jerry in high school and we made fun of people together (dude it was a hobby back then) but that's not the point.

when i heard that name yelled, it made me the happiest person in the world. sam, eric, timmy, isiah and chris all were there for me. these guys were my friends and even though they told me they were gonna come and yell that out for me (a gch reference) i didn't know whether or not to believe them. these were the boys that rarely even went to school, much less went to school functions they didn't need to be at. so for them to be there for my graduation made me so happy.

needless to say i partied at sam's house. and hopefully you all know what happened so i don't have to get into it.

but the highlights were: (oh how i remember them so well...at times i still get made fun of)

isiah - *taking a drink of some boone's farm stuff* i can't believe i'm enjoying something with melon ball as the title.

me - *after having just taken a drink from something* *spews it all over everybody*

(fun fact - don't say anything funny when i'm drunk and taking a drink of something unless you want a shower.)

--
we decided to go into this house they told me was haunted...along the way...

we laid in the middle of the road. could have gotten ran over.

the boys stopped and peed like twenty times. i absolutely remember saying "you can pee all you want just don't let me see your wee-wees."

there's a big factory or something and it had dirt hills and they tried to climb them. i was like, "omg we're gonna get arrested!" and started to freak. it was kinda funny though.

--
and oh lord. the house. don't really remember much about it because it was hella freaky and i was drunk. but on the way out i cussed out god.

oh graduation.

this entire thinking and writing about graduation and the resulting summer makes me really miss the old me. dude, i used to have fun. what the fuck?

i wish i could get back into my fun life. but noooo i'm stuck here.

2 comments:

Crystalily said...

I used to have a semi-fun life as well. But that's over and done with now. While I miss it, I know that it was just a stage in my life. I'm sure I'll get a fun time again. Although the boring ass stage in between kinda sucks.

Anyway, it definitely sounds like you had fun on and around your graduation.

Mellers said...

That was a really awesome post to read. I love hearing about your girls' lives, it's great. :) I'm glad you had a fun graduation.