CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My side of the story

I'm going to try my best to remember details here but with my memory...yeah it most likely won't happen. I do know that it was shortly after my 18th birthday. I was bored and had the urge to read Jonas Brothers fanfiction for a few days. I used to read Dream Street...or Jesse McCartney...or Greg Raposo...or stories about some of my favorite TV shows and characters but I hadn't been reading fanfiction all that much anymore. Anyway I decided to search for a site where I could satisy that nagging urge that I had and that's how I found JBF. I don't know if it was the first site that I went to or maybe the third, all I know is that I liked the site so I stayed.

I don't remember the first story I read. I really don't...but whatever it was I must of liked it because I'm pretty sure I just created my account on there to comment on stories. At some point shortly after joining, I started reading Laws and Tale of a Pedophile. I commented on those letting the authors know that I loved the stories. I wasn't expecting to start talking to the writers....let alone become friends with them.

Shortly after my friendship with Ashley and Stephani started, I began reading things from Ren and Melissa. I think the first story of Ren's that I read was...Gardenias...I could be wrong about that though. The first thing of Mel's...I believe it was...I Won't Be Falling. Yet again I could be wrong. But just like with Ash and Steph, I commented letting the authors know how much I loved their stories and writing...and may have thrown in my dislike of Cora and Sean (haha had to check if I had that name right and I did. score one for me).

Conversations on the threads started forming and I thought "These girls are awesome." I think the main reason I got on JBF some days was to see if you all had commented back to something I said, just so I could try and keep the conversations going.

At some point in all of this, I came up with the idea for Who's the Dog. I normally don't write fanfiction...just read...but for some reason I felt compelled to post the prologue for that story. Of course it would usually take me forever to update and that's probably why I never went through with writing fanfic before. I do remember that the opinion of you girls on that story are the ones that mattered most to me...so it made me so happy that both Ash and Mel liked it. Then I started another story but that one is currently dead as well..but I do remember Steph and Spencer "fighting" over Kevin in that thread. A few joint stories were started as well.

I don't even know how I got started with talking to you girls on AIM. I really don't but I do know that I'm happy that I do. It's the only reason I get on there most of the time...in fact I think it's the only reason I got it. Course I don't go on there most days anymore or if I do, it's only for a few moments. I kinda feel like I'm drifting apart and I don't know why I am but that's what it feels like. Now I'm getting off topic...but I'm sure you girls have noticed that I tend to do that.

Anyway, even though I could have remained anonymous, I'm happy that I felt like commenting on JBF. Because of that, I met all of you...the best friends and sisters that a girl could ask for.

1 comments:

Mellers said...

Crystallll! I loved this post too. It's awesome to look back on how we all met. :)