CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Now I'm doing it too.

Life was normal except one thing.
I was seventeen the youngest person sitting in the rows. I was also one of the smartest a year ahead of my original class. I watched the two rows ahead of my row walk across the stage and then it was my turn.I walked holding my card in my hand before handing it over to the first vice principal on the stage. She handed it over seconds later to the second vice principal the one saying our names and if we had honors and such. I listen as the girl in front of me's name gets called. And then it's my turn. I smile nervously, nervous smiles are basically all that emerged from my body at that time and then it happened.
"Stephanie Efrie. Honors."
I roll my eyes once again, we've been going over this for three days and she still hasn't got my name right.
"Erfe."
I tell her standing still not crossing the stage this time my arms crossed in front of my chest, basically glaring at her.
"Oh that's right I wrote it right here. Okay let's go back to the beginning."
The beginning really just meant that Rebecca walked back and stood in front of me again and then walked across the stage once again. Then she got my name once again and this time it was right.
"Stephanie Erfe. Honors."
I smiled widely at her, I had to fake liking her because after three days of rehearsals I was the only one whose name she still mixed up. I walked across the stage and then waited for my row to finish before I could sit down and text once again.
I went to dinner that night with half my family. And while I was there I texted my best friend for the first time. That's right Ashley Marie I texted you, the first text from you still in my phone, "Hot Steamy Fireman Kevin." ILY<3
It was just a rehearsal and it was still making me not want to go the next day, my actual graduation. I'm pretty sure the only reason that I did go is that my WHOLE family was going to be there. My gram, papa, dad and jay all came from Connecticut. Aunt Brenda and Uncle Mike came from New Hampshire. My cousin Jason came all the way from his house in Blacksburg, VA (he went to tech). My other cousin DJ and his wife Sarah came, which was a big deal because aside from me no one had seen DJ in like two years. It was a big deal, but even so I didn't want to walk across the stage.
The next day I did just that, I was officially a high school graduate, even though I hadn't stepped foot on school grounds in over a week.
I should have done what I wanted to do the year before. Graduate with my older brother. There were two things holding me back from doing just that. English 12 & Government. I took four classes my senior year of high school, five if you count my teachers aide class which was when I truthfully played on JonasBrothersFan.com, the whole time. My four classes were English 12, Government, Printing (art) & photography(also art). English was never a good subject for me, I barely passed 11 grade English. And yet I was in AP English 12. And History, I was in a 'slow' or as most would call it Average History class my 11th grade year, which I passed with FLYING colors. I had an A, and passed the SOL with a 596 out of 600. Yes I was that good. But then put me in AP Government with a Hippie teacher who hated me. And I have a C.
But even so I wish I had graduated with my brother. I left highschool with the most credits out of anyone in my class who didn't have a full 8 classes each year. I had 32 credits, most students only had 24, which is what was needed to graduate. And while I wasn't the valedictorian (she was Russian[theonetheyearbeforewastoo]) or salutatorian (he was my friend). I was still sitting there proudly looking at the world. I had missed graduating with highest honors by .05. Government killed my GPA. But still I had proved I was just as smart as I knew I was.
I didn't go to Prom, dances just weren't my thing. I slept in class ALL THE TIME, I never slept at home. I never did my homework, except AP English, because I love Mrs. Gregory. I hardly went to History in 11th grade, it was more fun to hang out in my fave teachers class. And I didn't have friends that I wanted to keep, but I did have memories with people.
So graduation day came around, and my ringtone on my phone changed to 'Graduation Day' Irony no? I walked across the stage, she got my name right finally, and i got my diploma. Life was good.

(oh & then i started talking to you hoes all the time. haha :] )

xoxo
Stephani

1 comments:

Crystalily said...

love the little addition there at the end in parenthesis. dork. love you though.