CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THECABTHECABTHECABTHECABTHECABBBB

so my blog has NOTHING to do with the cab, but um, I'M EXCITED! hah the cab is one of my favorite bands. <3

and now for the point of this blog.

--
since returning to jbf to post subterfuge under my new alias, i started to wonder why and how we all joined jbf. i mean there are tons of other fansites out there, why did we all join jbf and what prompted us to start reading/writing fanfic?

haha your blog response or comment to this is totally optional. i'm just curious i guess. and as always, you don't have to read mine.

i'd just gotten tickets to the jonas concert in lafayette on the wylmite tour and since i was going alone i kind of wanted to see if i could meet up with someone there. it was a few months before the concert, so i searched for jonas fansites with forums and jbf showed up. i joined, created my question and forgot about it for a few days. when i checked back nobody had answered so i decided to just read around other parts of the forum. i found the fanfic section and clicked on a few that captured my interest.

the first one that really grabbed me was mel's elevator. i remember being in the library, class, and a ton of other public places while reading that story. i'm sure people thought i was crazy, but the humor was just so amazing. i left her comments and thought i was surely annoying her. but her story was so great!

during all of that i asked for a siggy from ashlynn taylor. we got to talking and she and mel encouraged me to write.

now joining jbf to write fanfiction wasn't something i'd originally set out to do, but i already had a username so why not? so insecurites aside i began writing my first fanfic, "secrets don't make friends." (and yes, i smiled at that title. THANKS MEL.) the response and love was overwhelming. i couldn't believe it!

as we all know, next came laws and a ton of one-shots, ladedah and other things. mel put me in "breathe" which made my life because i got to marry ROBERT! :) i remember getting into fights about KEVIN with bre and they got violent (but so fun!)

then i noticed that mel was reading this little fic called "gardenias" by a person called perfervid_heart. taking a chance, i decided to read it too. and man was i hooked! the characters and writing put mine to shame and i was floored. i requested a siggy by this amazing writer and soon after i was getting comments from this person, saying they liked my story.

it definitely boosted my self esteem for a while :)

ren (as i later found out that's what perfervid_heart's name was) imed me and we started a friendship. i was already iming mel, so it was perfect that we all liked each other. we became arm. i don't remember how that actually got started, but we were arm and it was amazing.

laws was probably the highlight of my jbf writing career. i met crystal and steph during it as well. crystal was one of the best commenters in the world. she had something nice to say about everything and her words always made my day. when she started writing who's the dog i was one of her biggest fans. i still say it needs to be finished, but who am i to remind people of their unfinished stories? (...let's not even begin to count how many i've left sitting staring at me, begging me to continue them. those poor fics.)

i met steph differently. i'd seen her around before, probably read something of hers before, but we'd never really talked. until my pedophilia came up with her and mel and the rest is pedophiliac heaven. :) i was surprised to find out that a virtual stranger was going to write a fic about me being a pedophile, but it was awesome so i was all for it. i'm so excited to see my freezer this summer!!!

in a massive chat one day i randomly decided we should have teams. i'll never remember why, but that doesn't matter. because that day "sac" was born. true, it wasn't me, steph and crystal, but later on we became sac. the merger of arm and sac was beautiful. :)

okay i forgot the point of this, but it was fun remembering my side of this. i can't imagine not having you girls in my life. and to think i only joined because i wanted to meet up with people at my concert.

i met up with some of the most amazing friends i could ever ask for. :)

thanks jbf!

1 comments:

Crystalily said...

Aww well I'm glad I could always make your day. That right there may have made my day. As for Who's The Dog...yeah I don't know. I may try and bring it back but I don't know. Anyway I love you.