CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reminisce on Memories











I drew that little thing spur the moment during an early ARM chat. This was before there were thoughts of ARMSAC meet-ups or kidnapping Renneh (Kidding...or are we? :])
It's pretty amazing how these friendships formed. Even though I personally am not on JBF all that much any more, I owe that website a LOT.
Like most of the other girls on this blog, JBF was just a random site I happened to visit, looking for Jonas fanfiction. I was a regular on fanfiction.net, and had quite a few stories on there. I mostly stuck to anime and Lord of the Rings fanfiction, but then my friend got me into the Jonas Brothers. I had heard their music before when she blasted it in her car as we rode around town. Then we were watching HSM or HSM 2, can't remember, and the Hannah Montana episode with the Jonas boys was on right after. And I was hooked, watching these hilarious, energetic, cute boys sing.
It was early in the year when I went on JBF, just intending to read a few JB stories. That was supposed to be it. But then I got into it; I made an account, I commented on stories...I started writing my own. I posted it, not expecting to get much response but still hoping for it anyway. And, to my surprise, I got feedback. People were so nice, so encouraging. I was on the site constantly.
Then I got a review from a girl named Ashley. She was very enthusiastic, and we eventually started talking via private messaging. So many inside jokes arose from the different fics, including Joe in a tiger pit and Stan. She mentioned wanting to write, and I knew that someone so hilarious would write a great fanfic. I nagged her, and I'm glad I did. Turns out she poned at writing.
We started talking over AIM, and I started to meet other people on JBF as well. There was Bre, one of my best commenters. I vaguely knew a few other fellow fans. And then I stumbled on a new fic. It caught my attention immediately, partially for the cheerfully bright yellow font, and partially for the talent that even the prologue made quite obvious. I reviewed, recommended it to Ashley, and we all started talking in AIM chats. I remember being shocked to find out that Ren was younger than me--I was entirely convinced she was a college student at least.
Those chats were absolutely the best. My roomie was no longer going to bed much later than me. I was up wayyy past my bedtime and often tired in the morning, but it was so completely worth it. We had such a crazy affinity, and sooo many jokes came out of those chats. Along the way we added more amazing JBF girls--Crystal, Steph, Corinne, and more--to form the awesomeness that is ARMSAC.
Without ARMSAC, I'd probably have more time to study. I'd probably get more sleep. But I'd also be bored, uninspired, and not still have this passion for curly-haired boybands.
So, as far as websites go, JBF was pretty darn important. And considering how random the decision was to go on it, I find myself believing the old adage more and more:
Everything happens for a reason.
<3

1 comments:

Crystalily said...

Aww. I'm loving the fact that I get to see how we all got to JBF. oh and I totally thought Ren was a college student as well. That girl has serious talent for being the youngest of us all.